Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Writer self-study

    People write because there could be some passion into writing and their mind generates so much ideas and vocabulary that they have to write it on paper. Unlike the people who are not passionate on writing, they are usually just obligated to write because of school purposes. I personally don't see a passion between me and writing. Mostly because I don't have a way of expressing myself on a blank piece of paper, and when I am obligated to do that I have to use some kind of vocabulary which makes it even a little more challenging. It's pretty clear that when you start school (pre-K) your given a workbook used only in class. Inside the book there are letters dotted out and they expect us to trace in the dotted letters, well that's how I started to learn how to write. As years past I was given small prompts to answer and yes I was not the best speller when I was smaller. As the teachers graded my grammar and spelling I always saw the mistakes I made and made sure that in the future I won't make the same mistake. That's  basically how I started to learn how to write.
    A person can have many qualities to be a writer, they need to know their proper grammar, proper spelling, structure, know how to get the reader engaged, mind full of ideas, and lastly a wild creativity. As always to be a great writer, you need to start at the bottom and work your way to the top and that's by practice, practice makes perfect. Like I said I don't really see myself engaged in writing mostly because I don't really have the qualities of being a writer. I may have a creativity, but I mostly intend to use my creativity into something more beautiful and happy, not on a piece of paper. If I had to choose one kind of writing it would rather be telling a story or writing in a persuasive kind of writing. The reason for a persuasive kind of writing is because I mostly see persuasive writing more as if your saying your own opinions meaning you can use your own kind of vocabulary, understandable vocabulary of course. Story kind of writing, I see more of an opportunity of letting you're creativity break free on paper.
    The kind of required writing in essays that school gives me is basically any kind of writing, the bad thing is that they add more into the essay. Meaning you need to add the correct format, even give us a big list of vocabulary words and expect us to add those vocabulary words in our essay, analytical essay, or even a report on a lesson we went through over a unit. Basically any kinds of writing scares me because it's just who I am. I hate the fact that I am obligated to write something that I don't want to talk about, rather it's an analytical essay or an informative essay, I don't like writing. Sometimes I feel like the essay threats me into doing it, and it uses the thought of getting a bad grade against me. Although the only thing that pushes me and motivates me to writing the essay is my grades and my future because without the good grade I end up not passing my grade level and not finishing high school leads to me not having a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment